Head JV Boys Basketball Coach
Job Title: Head JV Boys Basketball Coach
Reports To: Athletic Director
Job Status: Seasonal
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is hiring a Head Girls JV Basketball Coach to start at the beginning of November and work through mid-January of 2022. The ideal Candidate should be passionate about working with a diverse population of young athletes and can develop the fundamentals of basketball. The successful applicant will be a caring, justice-oriented, innovative, and collaborative Basketball Coach who is willing to work tirelessly to ensure all students realize their potential for greatness.
About the School:
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is a 9-12 Catholic learning community that educates young people to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a professional work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively support under-served youth and is located in the American Tobacco Campus in the heart of downtown Durham. Cristo Rey Research Triangle welcomed the founding freshman class to its campus in the summer of 2021. Classes will be added one year at a time towards a full capacity of 400 students by fall of 2024.
- At least 5 years’ experience coaching basketball
- Must have a valid NC Drivers License
- Must be available Monday – Friday from 3:45-6:45pm
- Must successfully pass criminal background check
- A strong work ethic and dedication to the Cristo Rey mission and values: Faith and Justice, Respect and Care, Responsibility and Commitment
- Ability to connect with culturally and linguistically diverse students and their families
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback
If you are interested in joining the athletics program in building this exciting educational option for underserved youth, please submit the following documents to Athletic Director Christopher Kenan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A resume, which includes all coaching experience
- A cover letter that includes your coaching philosophy, explains why you wish to join Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School, and describes how your previous experiences have prepared you for this challenging and rewarding role.