Search for President/CEO
Led by Mr. Lorcan Barnes, President of LCG, the search will be facilitated by a team with a deep understanding of Catholic secondary education. They will gather feedback from our community through surveys and interviews to help us identify the qualities and experiences we desire in our inspirational leader.
View Candidate Profile + Position Announcement
While change brings emotions, let us embrace hope, excitement, and optimism for the future. Together, guided by our mission to provide a career-focused college preparatory education to students with limited financial means, we will navigate this journey. Your prayers and support are invaluable, and we appreciate your involvement in our decision-making process.
February 14, 2024 Update - Heading into Interviews!
We are pleased to report that the President/CEO Search process is on track. Applications were due February 9. Our consultants received significantly more applications than anticipated. We are blessed that so many qualified leaders have expressed interest in providing mission-centered leadership for our school community.
Over the next several weeks, the President/CEO Search Committee will interview semi-finalists, followed by finalist interviews with the Board of Directors. It is the Board of Directors’ responsibility to select Cristo Rey Research Triangle’s President/CEO. The President/CEO reports to the Board of Directors and oversees the Principal, Director of Corporate Work Study, Director of Development, Director of Admissions, and the Director of Finance.
An announcement is expected in April. The Board of Directors expects the new President/CEO to assume leadership in late Spring or early Summer. We are grateful to Interim President Jeb Myers who will continue to serve in that capacity through the end of May. Mr. Myers will work with the Board of Directors to ensure a smooth transition. We are also grateful to Dr. Neil Cronin and the faculty/staff for their dedicated service to our students on a daily basis.
Cristo Rey RT President Search Committee Meeting #1 - November 15, 2023
The committee comprises seven members: Alexia Ali, Mark Baric, Ed Fritsch, Luis Hernandez, Jeb Myers, Shelayne Sutton (Search Committee Chair), and Kelby Woodard. Three of these committee members also serve on the Board of Directors.
Consultants from Lester Consulting Group (LCG) walked the Search Committee through the following:
- Guidelines for the search process, including protocols and confidentiality expectations.
- A review of LCG’s Proposal clarifies the five steps of the search process.
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the Search Committee, Board of Directors, and LCG.
- Notably, LCG clarified that the Search Committee is an advisory group to the Board of Directors and that the Board of Directors is responsible for making the President's final selection.
- The search process is designed to culminate with the announcement of the new President in April. He or she will likely begin service in the Summer of 2024.
- The budget for the search process.
- Discussion on prioritizing the ideal skills and qualities of a new President.
Action Items following the meeting included:
- Communication about the search process will be transparent for the school community.
- A list of approximately 20 community leaders will be developed for LCG to interview to help guide the creation of a Position Announcement and Candidate Profile in mid-December.
- A Stakeholder Survey will be sent to faculty/staff/administration, Corporate Work Study Partners, the Board of Directors, and the Search Committee to help guide the creation of a Position Announcement and Candidate Profile in mid-December.
Cristo Rey RT President Search Committee Meeting #2 - Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Present: Alexia Ali, Ed Fritsch, Luis Hernandez, Shelayne Sutton
- The consultants reviewed the Guidelines, Process, Roles and Responsibilities, Timeline and Budget with the Search Committee, including a discussion around what parts of the process should be confidential (most notably candidate information) and what parts can and should be shared with the community.
- The Search Committee discussed the qualities and skills that they would be looking for in a President.
- The consultants reviewed upcoming steps in the search process, specifically the Stakeholder Survey and the Community Leader Interviews. Stakeholder Surveys will be going out to the Board of Directors, Search Committee, Faculty and Staff, and Corporate Work Study partners on 11/28. Respondents (approx. 180 ) will have about a week to respond.
- Community Leaders are individuals identified by Shelayne Sutton, Mark Baric, and Jeb Myers who are known, trusted, and well-connected in the community and understand leadership. On 11/28 LCG will reach out to this group (approx. 30) to invite them for Zoom interviews with consultants to invite their input on ideal skills and qualities as well as avenues to pursue candidates.
- The Surveys and the Interviews will be used by LCG to help shape a Candidate Profile that speaks specifically to what the community at Cristo Rey Research Triangle believes are the most important skills and qualities to seek in the next school President.
- The consultants shared their potential advertising avenues and the Search Committee provided suggestions for additional ways to spread the word about the position. Advertising will begin in late December after the Position Announcement and Candidate Profile are complete.
President Search Committee Meeting #3 – Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Present: Ed Fritsch, Jeb Myers, Shelayne Sutton, Kelby Woodard
- Results of the Stakeholder Survey and Community Leader Interviews were shared with the Search Committee. The consultants will use the insights from the survey and interviews to help create the Position Announcement and the Candidate Profile, so as to truly reflect the skills and leadership qualities identified as priorities by the Cristo Rey Research Triangle community.
- The consultants reported that drafts of the Position Announcement and Candidate Profile have been shared the Board of Directors and Search Committee chairs for review. Upon approval, these will be shared widely via advertising and posting on the School’s website. These resources will also be included in Communication #2, which will update the Cristo Rey Research Triangle community about the search process and is scheduled to be sent out on December 18 to all constituents (employees, parents, donors, CWSP, board members, etc.).
- The consultants reviewed upcoming steps in the search process, specifically the Source phase. LCG will advertise the position locally and nationally, but expects that most candidates will be found and developed through personal outreach in January. Community Leader Interviews and Stakeholder Survey replies surfaced names of possible candidates and sources of candidates. In January the consultants will be contacting these people to share information about the position and the application process. The consultants stressed the importance of the Search Committee and the greater Cristo Rey Research Triangle community sharing information about the position with possible candidates and spreading the word in their personal and professional networks.
- The Search Committee was given a list of dates to hold for future activities, including semi-finalist and finalist interviews. Applications are due February 9 or until a suitable candidate is identified. Interviews are scheduled to take place in late February and March.
President Search Committee Meeting #4 – Meeting Summary Tuesday, January 9, 2024