Path to College
At Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School, we are working to create a college going and college graduating culture. Our ultimate goal is to have 100% of our students go to and graduate from college! Through our career and college readiness curriculum which starts in ninth grade, students are able to increase their understanding of the college process and build the skills necessary for them to persist to college graduation.
In order to achieve this goal, we ask that our students
- Make a conscious effort to come to school everyday with a growth mindset
- Get involved, and keep a record of their activities on their personal activity tracker
- Attend at least one college campus and 3 college rep visits each year. Rep visits are shared with students via their Google Classroom
- Continue to challenge themselves in the classroom, taking AP courses
- Take at least one standardized test each year (PSAT 8/9, PSAT 10, PSAT/NMSQT, or SAT)
- Participate in Summer Enrichment Programs
Services for Our Students:
- Individual and Group meetings throughout the school year to discuss career and college readiness.
- College visits each semester
- Opportunity for CRRTHS students to meet with college representatives during lunch and Intervention periods
- Celebration of College Application Week
- Parent Meetings to discuss the college process
College Rep Visits:
CRRT hosts small group sessions for students during either their lunch or intervention periods, where they will meet college representatives from across the country. These sessions are intended to assist with students learning about what colleges offer as well as what college admissions representatives are looking for when they review incoming applications.
To check out upcoming college visits, please click here
If you are interested in visiting Cristo Rey Research Triangle, please email Ms. Matthews, [email protected] to set up an appointment.