Path to College
At Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School, we are working to create a college-going and graduating culture. Our ultimate goal is to have 100% of our students go to and graduate from college! Through our career and college readiness curriculum, which starts in ninth grade, students can increase their understanding of the college process and build the skills necessary to persist to college graduation.
Cristo Rey RT understands that our students sometimes face enormous challenges unrelated to academics that nevertheless impede their classroom learning and growth. Our school counselors are here to respond to the personal and family needs of each of our students, help them overcome any obstacles, offer support and advice to students, meet with students, parents, and/or faculty and staff to resolve problems and may refer students and families to appropriate agencies for support.
We ask that our Students:
- Make a conscious effort to come to school every day with a growth mindset
- Get involved, and keep a record of their activities on their personal active
- Attend at least one college campus and three college rep visits each year.
- Rep visits are shared with students via their Google Classroom
- Continue to challenge themselves in the classroom, taking AP courses
- Take 1 standardized test annually (PSAT 8/9, PSAT 10, PSAT/NMSQT, or SAT)
- Participate in Summer Enrichment Programs
Services for our Students:
- Individual & Group meetings to discuss career and college readiness
- College visits each semester
- Opportunity for CRRTHS students to meet with college representatives
- Celebration of College Application Week
- Parent Meetings to discuss the college process
College Rep Visits:
CRRT hosts small group sessions for students during their lunch or intervention periods, where they will meet college representatives from across the country. These sessions are intended to assist students in learning about what colleges offer and what college admissions representatives look for when they review incoming applications.
Request A Tour at Cristo Rey Research Triangle
Check Out Upcoming College Visits